Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Getting Ready for Day 1

After two weeks vacation visiting our three grandsons it is time to get prepared for the first day of school. Today i went to Home Depot to have whiteboards made and materials for stands and storage. Ron was a big help and their saw rig cuts them easily. It would be hard to beat the price at $2.79 per whiteboard (24" x 36")! I'm going to need to use a table saw to cut grooves in the whiteboard storage dolly. I couldn't cut grooves precisely enough with my cordless circular saw. That will have to wait until Friday.

In the meantime I am working on lesson plans.

I received good news about my ticket to the IT team. All student iPads will be undated to iOS6.1 to start the year. I hope to have them use free apps "data analysis", "Questimate!", "Ask3" and "my script calculator". AP Physics and Honors Physics will purchase "Sparkvue HD" ($9.99) and possibly "Vernier video physics"($4.99).

Our Pasco probes all work well with their Sparkvue HD app and the Airlink bluetooth devices. Each student can access the probe data on their iPads and put it to use. Next I need to check out the video analysis features with my laptop and iPad. I beginning to think that this is going to be the best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment